Our Quality Management System (QMS) is approved to BS EN-ISO 9001:2015 by DNV. The Company has held this accreditation since 1986 and it confirmation of our endeavour to provide the highest levels of quality and service. The scope of our approval includes:
"The design, manufacture, in-house repair and support of ball, plug, gate, globe, butterfly and swing check valves in traditional, non-ferrous and exotic materials to suit standard and specialist applications. Procurement and supply of valve and actuator packages to customer requirements."
CE Marking (PED 2014/68/EU)
For the EU market our products and QMS meet the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED). Conformity to these regulations is audited on an annual basis by Lloyds Register.
UKCA Marking (PER Regulations 2016)
For the UK market, our products and QMS meet the regulations of the Pressure Equipment Regulations 2016 (PER). Conformity to these regulations are audited on an annual basis by Lloyds Register.
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) develops voluntary International Standards for products, services and good practice. We give a comprehensive list of valve-related specifications.
• ISO 5208:2015 Industrial valves - Pressure testing of valves
• ISO 5209:2019 General purpose industrial valves - Marking
• ISO 5210:2017 Industrial valves - Multi-turn valve actuator attachments
• ISO 5211:2017 Industrial valves - Part-turn actuator attachment
• ISO 5752:1982 Metal valves for flanged pipes - Face-to-face and centre-to-face dimensions
• ISO 6002:1992 Bolted bonnet steel gate valves
• ISO 7121:2016 Flanged steel ball valves
• ISO 10497:2010 Testing of valves - Fire type - Testing requirements
• ISO 10631:2013 Metallic butterfly valves for general purposes
• ISO 17292:2015 Metal ball valves for petroleum, petrochemical and allied industries
The American Petroleum Institute (API), publishes over 600 standards for the design, manufacture, and testing of equipment in the oil & natural gas industry. Below is a comprehensive list identifying some of the available valve standards.
• API 574 Inspection Practices for Piping System Components
• Check Valves - flanged, Lug, Wafer and Butt-welding
• Valve Inspection and Testing
• Plug Valves - Flanged, Threaded and Welding Ends
• Specification for Pipeline Valves
• Specification for Fire Test for Valves
• Fire Test for Valve with Automatic Backseats
• API 600 Bolted Bonnet Steel Gate Valves for Petroleum and Natural Gas
• API 602 Steel Gate Valves - Flanged, Threaded, Welding, and Extended-Body Ends
• API 603 Corrosion-Resistant, Bolted Bonnet Gate Valves - Flanged and Butt-Welding Ends
• API 607 Fire Test for Soft-Seated Quarter Turn Valves
• API 608 Metal Ball Valves - Flanged and Butt-Welding Ends
• API 609 Butterfly Valves - Doubled Flanged, Lug and Wafer type
The Manufacturers Standardisation Society (MSS) of the Valve and Fittings Industry is a non-profit technical association organised for development and improvement of industry, national and international codes and standards. We show here a selection of popular valve publications.
• MSS SP-6 Finishes for Contact Faces of Pipe Flanges and Connecting-End Flanges
• MSS SP-9 Spot Facing for Bronze, Iron, and Steel Flanges
• MSS SP-25 Standard Marking System for Valves, Fittings, Flanges, and Unions
• MSS SP-42 Corrosion-Resistant Gate, Globe, Angle, and Check Valves
• MSS SP-51 Class 150LW Corrosion Resistant Flanges and Cast Flanged Fittings
• MSS SP-53 Standard for Steel Castings and Forgings for Valves, Flanges, Fittings
• MSS SP-54 Quality Standard for Steel Castings for Valves, Flanges, Fittings.
• MSS SP-55 Visual Method for Evaluation of Surface Irregularities
• MSS SP-61 Pressure Testing of Valves
• MSS SP-67 Butterfly Valves
• MSS SP-68 High Pressure Butterfly Valves with Offset Design
• MSS SP-70 Grey Iron Gate Valves, Flanged and Threaded Ends
• MSS SP-71 Grey Iron Swing Check Valves, Flanged and Threaded Ends
• MSS SP-72 Ball Valves with Flanged or Butt-Welding Ends for General Service
• MSS SP-78 Grey Iron Plug Valves, Flanged and Threaded Ends
• MSS SP-80 Bronze Gate, Globe, Angle, and Check Valves
• MSS SP-81 Stainless-Steel or Stainless-Steel-Lined, Bonnetless, Knife Gate Valves
• MSS SP-85 Grey Iron Globe & Angle Valves, Flanged and Threaded Ends
• MSS SP-86 Metric Data in Standards for Valves, Flanges, Fittings, and Actuators
• MSS SP-88 Diaphragm Valves
• MSS SP-91 Guidelines for Manual Operation of Valves
• MSS SP-92 MSS Valve User Guide
• MSS SP-93 Standard for Steel Castings and Forgings for Valves, Flanges and Fittings
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) promote good engineering practices and publish many standards, we give below a selection of valve-related specifications.
• ANSI/ASME B16.5 - Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings: NPS ½” to 24”
• ANSI/ASME B16.10 - Face-to-Face and End-to-End Valve Dimensions
• ANSI/ASME B16.34 - Valves: Flanged, Threaded & Weld Ends
• ANSI/ASME B1.20.1 - General Purpose Pipe Threads
• ANSI/ASME B16.47 - Large Diameter Steel Flanges: NPS 26” to 60”